To help you enjoy your stay, and make your
planning as easy as possible we have compiled a list of our favorite things
to do and places to visit on the island. These are our top picks—which
will be yours?
Rob And Melinda’s Top Picks
- Buck Island Sailing and Snorkeling Tour: Best
trip: Teroro II. Consistently rated by our guests as the highlight of their
- The Whim Plantation Museum: Restored look
of 18th Century estate when sugar was king (and Alexander Hamilton lived
on the island as a boy.)
- Fort Christiansvaern: 1738 Danish fortress
guarding the Christiansted harbor.
- Point Udall: Easternmost point in the United
States. Spectacular ocean vistas. Great place to welcome the new day –
or the new year!
- St. George Village Botanical Garden: 17-acres
of lush tropical flora including a rain forest walk and cactus garden.
- Cruzan Rum Factory: See how they make this
stuff; go with a designated driver…
- Montpellier Domino Club: In the rainforest.
Three words: Beer Drinking Pig.
- St. Croix LEAP: Mahogany Workshop in the heart
of the rainforest.
- Golf: Carambola (Robert Trent Jones-designed)
Golf Course and
- Buccaneer Hotel
- Tennis: Buccaneer Hotel
- Beaches (Swimming and Snorkeling): Cane Bay
Beach; Grapetree Bay Beach, Shoys Beach, Buccaneer (Fee, but nice facilities),
Sprat Hall Beach, Carambola Resort Beach, Buck Island.
- Breakfast: Golden Rail; Shenanigans (in downtown
- Lunch: Rumrunners, Carambola Beach Resort
- Dinner: Savant, Duggans Reef, Tutto Bene,
Cheeseburgers in Paradise, Sunset Grill,
- Changes in Latitude, Off The Wall
Rob And Melinda’s Favorite Things To Do
- Sailing to Buck Island with Captain Heinz on the Teroro II
- Eating dinner on the beach at sundown at the Sunset Grill north of Fredricksted
- Running on Ha’penny Beach (not alone)
- Romantic dinner at Duggan’s Reef
- Being in Christiansted for a “Jump Up” festival (held four
- Lunch and a beach walk at Carambola
- Driving to the East End, north and south shores
- Seaside massage by Jake Sheehan on the East End